The form is to be completed in English using blue or black pen. If you need help filling out the form, our school has an enrolment secretary available to help you. They are at our school office from 10am to 2pm, Monday-Friday, and if you’re coming to see them, please bring your form and the documents listed on this information sheet.
Throughout the form, if you need extra space, you are welcome to provide further information on an attached sheet. If you would prefer to type the required information, you can request a form to download at www.sydcatholicschools.nsw.edu.au.
You will need to complete, print and sign the form, then return it to the school you are applying to attend.
Following your application, we will contact you regarding the next steps, which may involve an enrolment interview. After any additional steps have been completed, we will notify you of the outcome of the application.
If your application is accepted, the information you provide on the application form will be used to enrol your child.
Please do not purchase items, such as uniforms until you receive an offer of enrolment from the school principal.
When you come to school to enrol, please bring copies of the following documents with you:
- Completed application form
- Birth certificate or identity documents
- Baptismal certificate
- Parents’ photo identification
- Immunisation certificate
- Most recent school reports and NAPLAN results (if applicable)
- Copies of any family law or other relevant court orders particularly Apprehended Violence Orders (AVOs) as they relate to the student (if applicable)
- Relevant medical information including clinical/educational assessments (if applicable)
- All current assessments or records related to exceptional abilities, disability or complex social or emotional needs (if applicable).
If your child is a permanent resident but not an Australian citizen, you will also need to provide:
- Passport or travel documents
- Current visa and previous visas (if applicable).
If your child is not an Australian citizen, you will also need to provide:
- Passport or ImmiCard
- Current visa grant notice for student.
If your child is a temporary visa holder you will also need to provide:
- Authority to Enrol issued by the Temporary Visa Holders Program Unit. This is required for visitor and temporary visa holders (other than subclass 571P or 500P)
- Authority to Enrol or evidence of permission to transfer issued by the International Student Centre (if holding an international full fee student visa, subclass 571P or 500P)
- Evidence of the visa the student has applied for (if the student holds a bridging visa)
Do parents have to answer all questions?
Yes, we are required by law to ensure the health and safety of students, staff and visitors on our premises. It is therefore, necessary, for you to answer all questions on the enrolment application form.
The information you provide will assist the school to communicate with you and to care for your child while at school. Should you choose to submit an incomplete form, processing your application may be delayed.
Giving false or misleading information can be a criminal offence in certain circumstances. In the event that statements made in this application later prove to be false or misleading, any decision made as a result of this application may be reversed.
Why have we asked for information about your occupation and education?
All Australian education ministers have agreed on the National Goals for Schooling in the 21st Century. The national goals specifically state that the achievement of students in schools should not be affected by discrimination based on sex, language, culture, ethnicity, religion or disability, or by differences arising from social and economic background or geographic location. The goals also state that ‘the learning outcomes of educationally disadvantaged students [should] improve and, over time, match those of other students’. To help us to make sure we are achieving this goal, all parents across Australia, no matter which school their child attends, are being asked to provide information about family background.
The main purpose of collecting this information is to promote an education system which is fair for all Australian students regardless of their background.
Providing information about your occupation and education is voluntary but your information will help us to ensure that all students are being well served by Australian schools.
The four groups listed on page 15 of the Application to Enrol are used by the Australian Bureau of Statistics to classify occupations. You will need to use these groups to answer the questions on pages 6, 7 and 8. Please choose the group that you think best describes you.
If you have retired or stopped work in the past year please choose the group in which you used to work.